Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Appliances

Last night we had to go out to the house to get some measurements for last portion of the driveway and our sidewalk and stairs. I was really thinking that the electrician would be out there installing the last of the lights, but no.

To our surprise, the kitchen appliances were being installed. I think I am in trouble. Alex was opening the new fridge by himself. I can just see lots of spilled milk already....











The toilets were all in. The plumber was almost finished with installing the hardware in all the bathrooms. If we are lucky and the weather cooperates this week. We hope to pour concrete and paint the exterior. The weather reports looked good this morning. Let's hope they stay true to the forecasts.







I was also really excited to see how they trimmed up the front porch pillar. It didn't have anything on it, and now I think it looks much better.


The fireplace hearthstones won't fit with how it was framed up, so now they have to take out the hearth and redo that. They are going to have to make it square now to accommodate the hearthstones we are using too.


We are having our appraisal tommorrow. Hoping all the rest of the finance portion goes as planned and falls into place.

The boys are getting excited but scared at the same time. They aren't sure about having to go to a new school. They both asked me last night if Dad would give them blessings before they have to go. I felt sad for them; knowing they have to leave all their friends -- the familiarity of our home -- all the comforts we have here. I know it's scary. I'm scared too. I'm sure they haven't thought that mom and dad have to make new friends too.

It's coming, and it's coming fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment